Sunday, October 18, 2009

Uncle Donnie Visits

David's uncle Donnie stayed with us for a few days to visit his kids and fish (I mean 'go fishing'. He doesn't have fish here that he comes to visit). I requested that he bring home some fish for us to eat and he was happy to oblige. Jean and Bill, I know you are very familiar with the scene in the pictures below but it was new to me. I can't remember if I've ever seen a fish cleaned and I know I've never cooked one. Ezra was totally fascinated (especially when Donnie opened the fish's mouth and pretended to talk to Ezra). We got to see a lot of Chantal and Chelsea too and it made me so happy to have family at our house! I love when people visit us.





Eli is very shy. I expected him to burst into tears the moment he saw Donnie and he was doing well until he fell down. Donnie picked him up to comfort him but it was like the floodgates had burst open. He calmed down rather quickly though (see second picture).


Ezra broke into a tube of candy corns while I was talking (i.e. not paying attention). Here's Donnie paying for the stolen goods (I paid him back, and no, Ezra didn't get to eat any more). He is a candy fiend. Half of the words that come out of his mouth have to do with candy. Even his prayers are littered with phrases concerning popsicles, ice cream, candy, cookies, pop, etc. and how all these things make him happy.

5 comments:

A.Jean said...

Yeah Uncle Donnie. Jade, don't you know I'd have given almost anything to watch the scene at your place. Love the look on Ezra's face as he's checking it all out. Bet the fish fry was awesome. Zoie and Vance got to humpy fish this year and learned all about catching,the cleaning and etc. Nature is a wonderful thing.

A.Jean said...

I just found the rest of your post. Uncle Donnie looks like a happy man and you can see that Eli felt safe after a while. Of course, Mom or Dad's arms probably were prefered, but..... Then there's Erza. Gotta love a kid who'll just tell it like it is to his Heavenly Father.

Rachel said...

Okay, that is awewsome to have Donnie stay...you are starting to attract travelers out your way! So fun!! The way you told that candy corn story was priceless, goes down in history as far as I'm concerned. :) haha!

Marisa said...

I love the vintage style pictures and the cropping effect. They are all so homey. And what fun you had with Uncle Donnie! And I love Ezra's sweettooth. He is such a darling.

Peggy said...

Guess who Ezra got his sweet tooth from? As an adult, I finally stopped praying about them (sweets) though.
What a wonderful visit from Uncle Don!