Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Update

There are so many things to document, I don't know where to start and clearly I've pretty much given up trying to keep up. Also, I feel like I should be writing more than whatever I write on this blog. I used to keep a journal but it's been years. I have all these pictures of our family but haven't printed off a single one. We have no albums, we didn't do a Christmas letter. It's bad. Especially because life is so good and so busy and so fast, I feel like it's as much as I can do to keep my head above water. Where should I start? What will be the most important/enduring way of documenting our kids and family? Please, if you have any ideas, especially baby steps that I could actually implement, let me know! What does your family do?

2 comments:

Pamela said...

OK then. HELLO! what a gorgeous family and a fantastic adventure. Also, hello Seth. :)
Thank you for your kind comments. I am now going to come couch surf in Laos, at your house. What an amazing looking place.

best,
pam

Rachel said...

Jade. I need ideas too! When Stephen discovered that he actually had to back up 170 gigs of photos, I knew it was bad. So unorganized and all over the place. My plan is to slowly but surely start printing off photo books of different eras or different trips in our life-and then free up space on the hard drive! I'm okay if we have one million books, but the great thing about the photo books is you can make the photos as big or as small as you need pretty much. Then just keep them on the book shelf. They do take SO much time. But maybe if I dedicate one book a month-I'll have gotten somewhere by the end of the year? Maybe we can work on this together this fall!!
LOVE the new updates...those Easter eggs are TO DYE FOR!!!! And the messages and hollow eggs? Even better? I wish was that clever. You are SO clever!!!