Friday, March 04, 2011

Over the past month or so, I've been wondering if I'm losing hearing in my right ear. I wake up in the morning sometimes with the feeling that it's filled with water, but then it goes away. Lately I found that pressing it makes it hard to hear for several seconds after I've stopped pressing.

Last night David asked me if we had any Q-tips. We didn't, but when I went out later to get some food, I saw some at the store and picked them up. When I got back home, we opened the package and started going crazy cleaning out our ears. I'll spare you the details and just say that my hearing is back to 100%.

9 comments:

A.Jean said...

Glad you were able to resolve this with a mighty qtip or at least a similar product. I remember dealing with something like it after swimming many years ago. Did you have balance issues too? I used a turkey baster and warm water to flush the wax out, lol.

Seth and Caroline said...

that is so sick and i can't stop laughing.

Rachel said...

LOL! You and Sabine will have something to talk about! Hhehehe...you are so funny Jade.

Kate said...

I am morbidly curious...was a spider? Do tell!

Doug G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

If you're like your dad, it's a familiar routine. He performs a periodic flush regularly with a syringe. However, I must say I love the idea of a turkey baster as an implement. That must really flood the canal.
Genius Jean. I will suggest it in future.
Meantime Jade, so glad your hearing has returned!

A.Jean said...

For some unknown reason blog posts are a problem. Yes Peg, a baster is a blaster, but moves crud out of it's way, lol. I used the baster after going to the ER. The Dr did the irregation, but couldn't get the mass to move. She used a metal instrument which ended up blooding my ear. I left the ER with antibiotics, drops to soften the wax and told to return in two days,---------------NOT. Thus the turkey baster and home rememdy, lol.

Seth and Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jade said...

Turkey baster! Jean, that's brilliant. I was just so relieved that it was wax and not something permanent. I'm thinking I should probably be doing more frequent ear maintenance - maybe I should get a baster.