Monday, April 05, 2010

Update

The last three weeks have been really horrible. I'm posting this just for people who maybe haven't heard from me in awhile or who were supposed to hear from me or whatever. I considered writing out a detailed list of what has happened but I'm just ready for it all to be over. It involved me being alone with the kids for a few days (which would have been fine had the proceeding things not happened), Eli came down with a horrible flu (all symptoms you can imagine were involved), then Ezra had an intense ear-ache late Saturday night (thank goodness for relatives who are doctors - THANK YOU KIRK), then Ezra got whatever Eli had (clean-up for said flu involved lots of piles of laundry), then David got the bug (on top of this being the busiest three weeks of his life in terms of homework), then just after Eli began to recover he got a high fever (again, a big thank you to relatives who are doctors - DAWN JOY gave me lots of very helpful information) which led to a ruptured ear drum. For kicks I am including a picture as evidence.

Anyway, if I have been irresponsible in my communication or commitments, this is why. And I keep thinking it's almost over but I keep being wrong.

In other news, my sister Alex is here visiting with her baby Crew (who could not be sweeter) and I am so happy that she is here and hope she can have a good visit in spite of the circumstances!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Jade, this is SOOOO sad. I cringed reading this, partly because I know it's gonna be my turn for this kind of horror someday. Your poor, sweet boys! Give them both kisses for me.

A.Jean said...

Jade, I feel for you and all those that have been ill at your house. We never reached the ruptured eardrum stage, but ear aches were major for the first three years of Ty's life, until tubes were inserted. I swear he'd have flare ups every 3-4 weeks and usually late on a Sat night, so we could spend it in and ER at Ft Riley, Ft Benning, Ft Knox or where ever until he had tubes inserted while TDY to Phoenix. They worked wonders. Hopefully everyone is recovered. Love the pix of Alex and Crew.