Sunday, February 27, 2011

Giant fallen tree near Bung Va Lake, Savannakhet

On our Sunday drive we went to look at the lake near Savannakhet. We went down a couple little roads and found this huge tree. Ezra was so stoked. I have a video of him exclaiming, "This is perfect for me!" as we drove up to the tree. Eli was more excited about a group of goats nearby.

I don't think these pictures capture the awesomeness of this tree. I'm not a tree expert but it looks like it could be at least 500 years old. Any tree experts out there?

3 comments:

Peggy said...

So amazing I can't wrap my mind around it. I never think anything is "gigantic" in Asian countries. Very impressive.

Seth and Caroline said...

I am an expert, that tree is 1 million years old.

Chelsea said...

That's pretty stunning.